Monday, October 25, 2010

Design Is...

September 2010, Launch Cover

Design Is Magazine is a brand new free online magazine that launched its first issue September 2010. This magazine is geared towards homeowners and renters that appreciate a modern aesthetic but may not have the resources or know how to implement it.



October 2010, Cover
Articles on interior design, architecture, lifestyles and garden design will be featured in every issue. I have checked it out and I think it is a great online resource for designers, renters, and homeowners alike! Design Is Magazine is hosting a Design Show House during the first two weeks of December 2010.


Design Is Show House (after exterior restorations)
The Show House is a 6000 square foot historic mansion (formerly a bed & breakfast) in midtown Atlanta, that is being renovated as four luxury apartments and a carriage house studio. All of the units are for rent and the furnishings will be available for purchase!

2-Point Perspective I drew and rendered for Dawn White's winning Show House design.
Congratulations to Dawn White on her winning entry to design the guest bedroom of Unit A! Dawn commissioned me to hand-draw and render (I used marker and colored pencil) a perspective to represent her vision for this space. I later found out my drawing will be included in an upcoming issue of Design Is Magazine! I am waiting with bated breath to see what the various designers came up with to update these spaces. Don't forget to mark your calendar to go between December 4-12, 2010 and see the amazing transformations! I hope to see you there!

079.1


No comments:

Post a Comment